- Priority Boarding: So you know, there are no assigned seats on Wizz Air. Seats are available on a first come, first serve basis. However, you can add Priority Boarding when you book your ticket to get on the plane first/avoid waiting in a cattle line. We did not add this, and were able to get 2 seats next to eachother no problem.
- Advice: Add if you do not want to wait in line the entire time you are at the airport.
- Luggage: Wizz air has a strange baggage allowance. Only one bag per person (this includes purses/briefcases). Here are the dimensions:
- Free Luggage: 16″ x 12″ x 9.8″ (note: these are the dimensions stated on the website, however, when you get to the airport they have a container that if your luggage fits in it, it is free and I swear that container is larger than these specs here…)
- Large cabin baggage (carryon for a fee): 22″ x 17″ x 9.8″ – I ended up opting for this option for 10 Euro as my carry on was a bit larger.
- Of course, you can check large bags, too…for a fee.
- Advice: Make sure you add on the bags before you get to the airport. It is way cheaper to add them before, like 60% cheaper. You can add them after you book your ticket up to the day before your flight. So if you aren’t sure you need it and want to wait until you pack, that is an option as well. You will need to reprint your boarding pass if you add later.
- Note that we did not have our bags physically checked for size on either flight, so it is up to you if you want to take chances. They also were not checked for weight, though I think it is 10 kg (22 pounds) for a large cabin bag.
- Boarding Pass:
- You can checkin online/print your boarding pass up to 30 days before you flight. If you don’t pre-print your boarding pass you will be charged at the airport.
- Advice: Even if you pre-print your boarding pass, you still have to wait in line to “check in” – here is where they check your passport/give you the ok to board the plane. FYI this is not listed anywhere…but if you don’t do it, they can make you go back to wait in line at the counter.
Plus, you get a pretty cool magazine once you’re on board the flight 😉 Anyways, I think that is it! Here is a link to the latest Wizz Air baggage policy.
Happy [budget] travels.