Merry Christmas from Wroclaw! What? Too soon to say the words MC? I think not! And the market square here in Wroclaw agrees with me. Yeah! Bring on the Holiday Cheer!
I have been anticipating the grand opening of the Christmas Market since moving here in June. Why you ask? Because each and every person I’ve met since we moved here said, “Oh if you like Wroclaw now, just wait until you see the Rynek at Christmas.” So here it is, five months later, and this market did not disappoint.
The market takes up nearly the entire Rynek and adds such a lovely atmosphere to the city. There are couples holding hands, people drinking mulled wine, music filling the streets, more kielbasa cooking on the grill than you thought humanly possible, and kids crying because they want more candy (aren’t the holiday’s fun?)… In all seriousness, it really is great and I have loved it – just as I was told I would!
Here is a closer look at what you can find at the Wroclaw Christmas market this year:
2. These larger gnome-like dwarves. I am not sure if there are seven of them.
3. A mini Fairytale Carnival complete with a roller coaster (!)
4. Umm these Facebook “Like” suckers – do you need anything else? (Oh wait, maybe Scream mask suckers? Don’t worry, they have those too.)
5. Rows and rows of shops and Christmas trees. Yee!
6. Fabulous gifts like hand-painted ornaments, stained glass and Polish pottery.
7. Amazing food and drink stations. Seriously, get the mulled wine. Or a Paczki. Or a Gofry (aka waffle).
8. And last but not least, a pierogi sign written with Christmas lights 🙂
9. UPDATE: There is now a Christmas tree that I am pretty sure came from Dr. Seuss’ Wooville.
If this doesn’t put you in the holiday spirit, I don’t know what will – ya scrooge 😉
If you’re curious, the Wroclaw Christmas Market will be up until December 22, 2013 so hurry up and get shopping! Click here
to visit the official site to learn more.